Sunday, October 31, 2010

There are two things involved...

Heeeellllloooooo out there!  Sorry for being a little MIA.  Things were a little hectic here last week with the American physician I'm working with on my main project being in town.  It was awesome because we got a lot of work done, but I do have to say that it was a little bit of a shock to the system to be working at American efficiency pace again.  Anyway, the project is really coming together and I am really stoked on it.  I'm sure I will be talking lots about it as we continue to move forward.
This weekend was good times with a belated birthday party on Friday, which was mad fun, and again involved all aspects of brie, pool party, and dance party, as well as a group of Peace Corps volunteers looking for refuge.  The highlight though was Saturday, when TK took Tim and me to a wedding.  There is definitely a story there, and pictures!, but currently the Internet is moving a little slow here, so I'm gonna keep this short and just tempt you with promises of what's to come.

What I will give you is a little clip of some more African comedy.  I have been enjoying some African stand-up today myself, so thought I would spread the wealth and let you feel like you were right here with me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlmYsUiyhDc

It's one of THE most popular jokes/bits in Africa.  Everybody knows it and references it all the time.  It is actually a Nigerian comic.  Gives a good sense of how there is humor in any reality and finding this humor is an important part of accepting the reality and surviving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment