Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nontokozo

So, today I was officially given my Zulu name, Nontokozo, which means happiness, joy.  :)  I like it.  It is the duty of the Zulu to whom you feel closest to give you your name.  So for me, Thuli.  This makes me realize how awful it is that I haven't really introduced Thuli in this blog yet!  She is by far my best Zulu friend.  Soon.  I promise.  So now we are working on a nickname.  I suggested Kozo, which can be turned into Kozy.  Thuli says it's Nontok, aka the worst nickname ever!  It's a work in progress.

It was a perfect gift on the one month anniversary of my arrival.  I can't believe it!  One month already!  It feels like just yesterday, but also forever ago.  I'm really starting to feel comfortable here and am already dreading the thought of leaving.  I hope everybody has been enjoying the blog!  I really love all your replies!  Especially Water Buffalo, though I have to confess I don't know who you are?  Would you mind giving me a hint Water Buffalo?  Much appreciated!

Now that I've been here a month I'm ready to start spreading my wings and explore!  Which also means it's time to pull in all the connections. :)  So who knows anyone in Africa, especially in South Africa or surrounding areas, that would take me in for a weekend or two?  Anyone gonna be in Africa in the next 7-8 months and want a visitor?  :)  Any references would be appreciated!  So far on my/our (Tim is my unofficial travel partner) list: Durban, Cape Town, Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, scuba diving, swimming with sharks, soccer games, camping, aka lots of road trips in the big purple/magenta bus!  Woot woot!  Any ideas, suggestions, tips would be much appreciated!  We are always looking to expand the list!

3 comments:

  1. Come visit me in Ethiopia! I'll be there Jan-Feb. xoxo. PS LOVE Tim's stache- very fireman

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about just 'Oz'. Then your friend in the kitchen would be 'The Lizard of Oz'.

    ReplyDelete