Wednesday, October 27, 2010

B to the day!

Reasons my birthday was awesome:
1. I got to sleep in.
2. I had peanut butter toast and papaya for breakfast- two of my favorites.
3. I got to read a trash book (my quality literature on my nook conveniently ran out of batteries and we had no power to recharge).
4. My friends surprised me with a birthday cake by 11 am, the best time for cake.
5. Was drinking by noon.
6. Got to swim in my own personal (now clean) pool.
7. Was treated to a dinner of prawns (my favorite!) by friends. - PS: No one does prawns like South Africans on the brie.
8. Had an amazing accompaniment to dinner of one of the most incredible lightning storms I've ever seen.  And it didn't hurt that we were eating at a restaurant located at the point of the estuary aka awesome view.
9. The CD player in our big purple bus worked!  Woot woot!  And my awesome roommate chose Led Zeppelin for our soundtrack.  Good call friend.
10. Oh, and did I mention I'm in Africa?!  Life is good.

5 comments:

  1. i am so glad you had an awesome day:) i remember when you first arrived with eyes wide open. i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! i am the worst with bdays as i haven't been on facebook for almost 2 yrs haha...MWAHHHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday j ro!! misss youuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great birthday!! wooo wish i could have been there to eat your prawns muhahaha. we miss you!

    ReplyDelete